My absence last week can be described by one thing: the beach (aka Heaven). We went to Galveston and stayed in a beach condo with some friends last week and it was perfect. Despite what I've heard about Galveston (that the beaches aren't so great and it's nasty/dirty etc), we loved it. I was so pleasantly surprised. Mid October is officially the best time to do Galveston (not that I've ever been at a different time :)) and it was a really perfect place for little ones because:
- It was still warm enough to swim in the water (which is warm!)
- The beach was shallow and there was tons of soft sand for Milo to dig in all day long
- Low tourist season= super cheap condo rentals!
- It wasn't crowded at all. We got to do everything we wanted to without having to deal with any traffic, which is definitely my idea of a good vacation.
- We got basically the entire beach to ourselves.
We hit up the beach, aquarium, and a ferry ride, and I ran along the beach every morning and watched the sunrise. So cliche, but you really can't beat a sunrise beach run, can you?!
|My brother and his wife came for a day from Houston and brought their new baby Zoey! I love her.|
|Sunrise... I could handle this view every day!|
|He fell asleep during the fairy ride. Equal to heaven.|